Monday, May 25, 2009

Some Things I'm Looking Forward to This Summer


Before it gets insanely hot, I'd like to spend some time getting in touch with my inner woods-woman. I've only been camping once in my life and that was over 5 years ago. It's one of my favorite (and more foggy) memories thanks to drinking insane amounts of tequila, being with some of my closest friends, and being blissfully free of cell phones/the internet/TV. I've always wanted to go camping at Red River Gorge but am leery after my Dad informed me that it's a snake haven during the warm months. I might want to get in touch with nature but do not claim to be one with all of the creatures found there. In no way, shape or form do I want to share close quarters with an animal of the slithering persuasion. Cumberland Gap seems like a pretty ideal place to camp and being a Cancer I'm naturally drawn to water so it seems pretty perfect to camp out there. The next obstacle to overcome is finding people to go camping with me. Daniel despises the outdoors, Heather Jo is pregnant and not really able to go traipsing out into the woods with me, Cassie prefers luxury hotels with swimming pools and everyone else is sort of up in the air when it comes to the weekend. So, I need volunteers.

This coming weekend is the Hell City Tattoo festival in Columbus, OH. Jason gave an open invitation for tag alongs and I decided to take him up on the offer seeing as how I really enjoy tattoo artistry. We'll get there Saturday May 31st and will be heading back down to KY the following morning. Daniel is a no go, so KC will be hitching a ride as well. It'll be nice to get out of a town for a bit, see some killer artwork and meet some cool artsy peeps.

I'm hoping to catch a few live music shows this summer. Nothing charges me quite like hearing great music live. There's something to be said about being in a really good crowd that really connects with whats being played. I can easily see why so many people strive for rock stardom and why they have so many people tagging along to roady.

Spending time with my family is something that I definitely look forward to doing with the extra free time I have being out of school for the summer. Time waits for no one, and my niece and nephew are growing far too fast for me not to make time to enjoy the time they have left as kids.

In short I'm hoping for a fantastic summer. Your invited to tag along...

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time John Lubbock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Piercing Critical Insights? Have a million bucks you wanna' pass my way? This is where you let me know all that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin